Monday, January 30, 2012

"Shame is the lie someone told you about yourself." ~ Anaïs Nin

What would the world be like if we weren't ashamed of our own desires?

An interesting question. And one I find myself returning to time and time again. We're taught to fear our sexuality, to hide it, quelch it, repress it. But somehow our darker passions make themselves known, finding the chinks in the armour, and finding ways to express themselves (and quite often at the most inopportune times).

I'm fascinated by human sexuality. What an amazing gift to be able to express ourselves, to enjoy ourselves, to revel in our deepest desires. And how unfortunate it is when our sexual selves are beaten not into submission, but into repression and self-loathing.

I'm fascinated by what compels us, what drives us, what motivates us.

And I hope that one day, we can all live in a world without shame.

❧ ❧ ❧

No comments:

Post a Comment